The BEST Butter Cookies
My mom makes the most bomb butter cookies, and so we had to share this recipe with you all. It is super simple and easy to remember and you probably already have all of these ingredients on hand. More than just simple, its delicious and I hope you try it out. It is the best little cookie to have with your morning coffee!
1 Tblsp of Vanilla Extract
2 Cups of Sugar (or 1 cup)
3 Cups of Flour
4 Sticks of Butter (room temp)
*super simple right?!
1. Add your 4 sticks of butter (room temp) to a mixer or using a handheld mixer, mix the butter very well. You want the butter to have a whipped fluffy consistency, so when you think your done mixing, mix some more!
*The key is to use room temperature butter to get the perfect consistency!
2. Thoroughly mix in the 3 cups of flour. You may need to use a spatula to make sure you get any flour from the bottom of the bowl to make sure its well mixed.
3. Add in 2 cups of sugar, you can also just use 1 if you'd like. Mix it all up again!
4. Lastly, add in the 1 tablespoon of Vanilla extract and mix again.
*My mom likes to mix,mix, and mix some more.
5. After its all mixed up, you can take a spoon full of the mixture and roll into a ball in the palm of your hands, press it flat on your baking sheet, then you can press down with your 3 fingers for the pattern.
6. Bake for 20 minutes at 340 degrees until lightly browned.